Christmas Break Stay-cation Ideas
Everywhere around me I see families planning big trips over Christmas break. Trips to Florida and Disney World or California and Disney Land. Cruises to tropical locations. Even trips abroad.
But Christmas break can be fun and enjoyable right in your own town. And won’t make you take out another loan!
- Make gingerbread houses – Check out these ideas from Wilton!
- Bake some cookies – Here are 40 different kinds!
- Watch Christmas movies – Disney Christmas options, Netflix Christmas movies, Over 50 Christmas movies
- Read a Christmas story out loud as a family – Here’s an awesome list!
- Make ‘Thank You’ cards for the gifts you received
- Create Christmas art projects – Check out these 25 ideas!
- Play some board games – Need some new ideas? Here are 40 options!
- Check out the latest movies in theaters – The Last Jedi comes out December 15th!
- Go to your local museums
- Find a local restaurant you’ve never gone to
- Check out how other cultures celebrate Christmas – Here are 40+ free resources
Outdoor Activities – snow included
- Build a snowman – these ideas are awesome!
- Create a snow fort
- Go sleighriding
- Go skiing/snowboarding
- Have a snowball fight
- Go snowshoeing
- Go iceskating
Outdoor Activities – no snow necessary
- Tour the Christmas lights around town and rank them
- Go Christmas Caroling – Here’s a free Christmas Songbook
- Take a nature walk
- Go on a horse and buggy or sleigh ride
- Enjoy hot chocolate and a bonfire
- Find a local soup kitchen to volunteer
- Make compassion kits for the homeless – Here’s a great example!
- Volunteer with Meals on Wheels – https://www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org/
- Make Christmas cards for your local nursing home
- Have your neighbors over for a dessert/pie swap
- Donate presents to the Children’s wing of your local hospital
- Ring the bell for Salvation Army
What activities are you and your family doing this Christmas break?
Never Miss a New Post!
Subscribe to get emails and updates from humblefaithfamilywellness.com